Friday, April 11, 2008

Never Tell Me the Odds...

OK

I know I said I was going to write sooner, but I honestly haven't had the time! The first day was amazing, even just the trip to Spain was incredible, on the plane there was a lot of extra room, so for the first time i was able to have an entire row of seats all to myself, I can't even begin to explain how great that felt. Then since there was an eight hour flight to Barcelona from Newark airport, they had music and movies for entertainment, I was blown away that they had all my favorite tv shows, movies and music...

The rest of our days have been spent just exploring the city, mostly of stuff that Gaudi designed, and a lot of parks and such..
I will show you all pictures of everything when we get back of course, it is the best way that I can explain how awesome everything is out here! We went to the zoo yesterday, which was awesome! they have unbelievable animals there, including grizzly bears and dolphins, and because this is a foreign country, a bunch of the more peaceful animals were allowed to roam free in the park.

Getting used to the metro and city environment is different, and being able to drink alcohol (in sips) is new. The food is gross to me since I am not a fan of fish and pork which are the chief food sources here, beef is scarce and expensive, so we haven't had any since we got here...

Had a chance to go to meeting last night, which was great, it is the english congregation so we were able to understand pretty much the whole thing.. Not kidding the sisters are beautiful here..I was able to use what little french, spanish, and english for that matter that I had. Service here is the best part, everyone is super receptive, and will start bible studies without blinking...

Anyway, Europe awaits, I will try to keep this current, feel free to give me a hard time if it isn't. Tomorrow, we are off to Ireland, followed by Denmark, down through germany and switzerland to italy, from milan we are going to fly to rome, then from rome we are going to take the train back through near Como Italy toward France, back to Barcelona, it is going to be crazy! Chao!

Dougie B

1 comment:

Digital boots said...

Dooogalie!

Miss you....bring me back stuff!